Pages

A warm welcome with a wreath tutorial

(Edited---Oh my goodness!  I wrote the title of this post a few days ago for the "meantime"--until I could come up with something creative and fun... but I forgot to come back and change it!  So, it's pretty uninspired.  On the first post.  You won't hold it against me, right??  Wait, I mean,  I meant to be abrupt and matter-of-fact 'cause that's how I roll.  Yeah, that's the ticket.)


Welcome to a new blog on the bloggy scene--Two Girls Being Crafty!  And that's exactly what we are!  It seemed appropriate that our first post should be the first project we worked on together--the Patterned Paper Wreath Tutorial.  So, without further adieu, check out our first collaboration.  (If you'd like to learn more about the two girls who are being crafty, why not check out our "about us" section?)

We share a love for scrapbook paper--though neither of us are "scrapbookers".  Are there any others like us out there?  Sharon used scrapbook paper in an unconventional way to make this fabulous wreath for less than $5--you'll definitely want to give it a try!

Here's what you'll need:


5 12x12 sheets of scrapbook paper
Hot glue
14" wreath form
Ribbon or fabric for bow

Cut scrapbook paper into 2" x 4" strips.  Being careful not to crease the paper, make a loop of each strip and secure the ends with hot glue.



Glue each loop to the wreath form, working your way down and around the entire form, covering the glued edges by overlapping the loops.  (Picture explains this much better than I can!)


Once your wreath is covered in paper loops, add a pretty bow and hang on your door.  Voila!  How simple and fabulous is that?  Not to mention, only a few inexpensive items needed--now that's how we craft!


After Sharon shared her awesome wreath with me, I just had to get supplies to make one of my own.  I thought I'd do something with fall colors so I picked out these pieces of paper:


I used the technique and my end result was this bad boy:


Still needs a bow or something... We'll see if it happens!

My project total was the same as Sharon's--just under $5.  Now that it's Christmas time (YAY!) I'll just pull the paper off of the form and use new paper on the same form.  It costs about $1 for 5 sheets of paper if you buy them on sale, so you can change out your wreath with the seasons for only a buck!  Now that's what I'm talkin' about!


21 comments:

  1. Pretty wreaths! I'm going to make a Christmas one for our front door. Thanks for the idea. Looking forward to more creative ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done! :) that's perfect.. i wanted a wreath but def not a ordinary one. i might try to get jacob to make it for us since he's the craftier one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw! Love it! I'm def. gonna try this when we move in together. Super cute! <3 Good job you guys :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great, I love the fall colors! And the fact that you can change it out. AND, I really appreciate that this project seems do-able. I actually feel like I could accomplish one of these wreaths some creative day :) Nice work crafty girls.
    P.S. Me, me, I love scrapbook paper too! I could spend hours looking at them all in Hobby Lobby........

    ReplyDelete
  5. i would like to make one but i don't have a hobby lobby near by. are there other craft stores that sell scrapbooking paper?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Sharon! Love the blog! I too, love scrapbook paper although I don't really scrapbook. I must belong here. =)

    Lori Shook

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad there are so many scrapbook paper (but not scrapbooking) lovers! We need to stick together.

    Tiffany - a couple other major craft stores that I know of are Michaels, Jo-Ann Fabrics and Crafts, and there are probably some other local craft stores where you are as well. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These turned out really cute!!!

    I'm completely obsessed with scrapbook paper (even though I don't actually scrapbook). :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. a spring wreath will be fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE it! It's nice to see another paper wrath out there! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the cutest paper-craft wreath I've seen ever. Found you "two girls being crafty" at the FingerPrints on the Fridge blog hop (Feature Yourself Friday). I'll be back to read more fun posts.

    Merry Christmas,
    Confessions of a Paper-Crafts Chick

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this looks amazing, good work! Thanks for stopping in at my blog. You are officially being followed by me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute - thanks for sharing the tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am very inspired by this wreath. I was looking for something cute to do with all my scrapbook paper, other than scrapbook, and came across this one through google. I can't wait to make one and see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been looking for something just like this!! I love your straightforward approach to everything, and will be following you with fervent adoration from now on!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Will this wreath work with a styrofoam wreath ring instead? That is all I'm seeing on the Hobbylobby website....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Do you think you could make it waterproof and a little weather proof by using modpodge on the paper strips before gluing them? I'm not sure if it would work, but what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Graet use of scrapbook paper, great gift idea as well. I have that same exact paper thats in the first few pics of the tutorial. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

We cherish your questions, comments, and love. If you're not a fan, why not find something you do love and leave some love there?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...