Pages

Granny Square Stocking


Ok, so I might have stolen this idea from the creative minds at Prudent Baby. But when I first laid eyes on the adorableness that is their crocheted granny square stockings, I knew I had to make them. :) You can find their full tutorial here.

I didn't stray from their design hardly at all. (Jeez, how lame am I? Do people still say "jeez"?) I even used traditional Christmas greens like they did, but now looking back, I wish I had tried something out of the ordinary like a brilliantly bright turquoise and a bold red. Darn you, hindsight. Some of the differences I did make were that I rounded out the "heel" and "toe" parts of the stocking to make them look more stocking-like. I also brushed out the pom poms with a bristle brush to make them fluffy and full. The word on the street is that wire brushes work the best for this. I don't have a wire brush, so there.



Your cozy homemade stocking is ready for those coals stocking stuffers!



signature

3 comments:

  1. Love it Sharon! That is the prettiest granny square stocking I've seen. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful!! I really like this. I want to make one too! Just need to relearn crocheting...maybe by next year you can give me a lesson ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable. I wanna wear them instead of using them as stockings.

    ReplyDelete

We cherish your questions, comments, and love. If you're not a fan, why not find something you do love and leave some love there?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...