Pages

Owl Pin Cushion

I know it has been a super long time since I've posted anything. Things have been really hectic over here. Luckily, there are two of us. And Tristin has done a terrific job of updating the blog all by herself! (She's like a crafting wonder woman... sometimes I wonder how she accomplishes so many crafts and with a kid!)

DIY Owl Pin Cushion 2

Anyways, here's a little something that I have done recently. It's an owl pin cushion. I found the wonderful tutorial on My Owl Barn and just copied it exactly. The DIY Dish even did a video tutorial of Kim and Kris making one. With the free printable PDF pattern and clear directions, who wouldn't want to try to make one of these cuties??


Some modifications I made:
  1. I sewed a straight line across the middle of the legs to create the "knees" instead of knotting it. This is purely preference, but I liked the look a little better. 
  2. I forgot to do this, but I think it would be a good idea to add a little bit of litter to the bottom of the legs (in the feet) to add weight to them so they would hang easier. 
  3. And lastly, I used clay litter instead of walnut litter simply because I couldn't find it and clay litter was only $3 for a huge bag. It's slightly larger than walnut litter, but I think it works great for this project. 


    He's by no means perfect, but I think all his little imperfections give him character. :) If you have no need for a pin cushion, you can also try blowing up the pattern to make a kids pillow.


    8 comments:

    1. This is brilliant. I'm kind of a sucker for cute owls and have a little owl mobile that I'm working on myself right now.
      Very darling, indeed.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I need a pin cushion. This is so cute I will have to try and make it! Thanks for the tips.

      ReplyDelete
    3. I love how we are usually on the same page when it comes to crafts even though we live on opposite ends of the country. I just made an adorable porcupine pin cushion =) Love your owl...so cute!

      ReplyDelete
    4. So very cute! I love the way these turned out!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Today I featured you guys here: http://funkymonkeyinthemiddle.blogspot.com/2011/04/feature-two-girls-being-crafty.html

      I follow your blog and LOVE it!

      Thanks for being awesome!

      Aly

      ReplyDelete
    6. I love it! But I think I'd feel bad putting pins into him because he's too cute! LOL! xx

      ReplyDelete
    7. pretty art, this is the only way to call this, maybe you should to think in open your own business.

      ReplyDelete

    We cherish your questions, comments, and love. If you're not a fan, why not find something you do love and leave some love there?

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...