Pages

The Long-Awaited Dining Room Revamp

It was nearly a year ago that my husband and I bought an unfinished dining room table and bench that we vowed to make our own.  My husband, like always, held up his end of the bargain and had the table and bench stained and finished within a few days.  My job was to repaint chairs that we already had--and while I had good intentions (like I always do) it took me 10 months to complete my portion of the project.

Dining Room 009

Thank goodness I have a good friend like Sharon--I asked her to help me get this project officially OFF of my list and she made it happen.  And it was fun, to boot!  We spray painted the chairs and I officially marked this project off my looong to-do list.  (Thanks, Sharon!)  Spray painting the chairs took about two hours (a.k.a. one toddler nap time) with Sharon's help.  Well, two hours and 10 months altogether, but who's counting?

Since a picture is worth a thousand words, I'll shut up in a sec and just share the pictures of my dining room as it is today.  There are several angles so you can see it in terms of how it fits with the attached sitting room (that includes my cozy nook).  You'll also notice the DIY Art for Non-Artists is currently residing in the dining room.  Things move around a LOT in our home.  Except for the furniture... 'cause it's heavy.  The fork and spoon were a thrift shop purchase, as were the plates that adorn the wall.  The EAT letters were courtesy of a Pottery Barn clearance a few years ago.

Anyhow, without further adieu, here's my funky little dining room.

Dining Room 009

Dining Room 014

Dining Room 012

Dining Room 030



Dining Room 016

This dining room is totally not what I had in mind when I was thinking of my "dream home" years ago, but it totally suits our family right now.  I really love how it looks and it feels so COZY.  Isn't it funny how our perspective on beauty and style changes when we have kids? 

 Tristin Signature

17 comments:

  1. Tristin, this is BEEEAUTIFUL! You (and Sharon) did an amazing job on this. Love the chair colors, and the big utensils on the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It looks fantastic! Everything in your home ties together SO beautifully! You must be super proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn' that great when you can get a piece like this?I have done up my dining sweet which I found on the street (in a rich suburb) and which was made of kauri tree(very special wood kind we have here) and is so expansive to buy:) I also with help from the family brought it back to life..it can last now for another 100 years:))Good job..great dining suite;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great, good job!
    http://fortheloveofwelleverything.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Love it! I have "Spray paint dining room chairs" on my to-do list too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks charming! And I know what you mean about having an idea of what you want but it evolves into something different. I've had the same experience with my ever evolving home design. Love the chairs! Did you have to sand it down first?

    Now following you guys!

    Reese
    http://rambleswithreese.etsy.com
    http://rambleswithreese.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got cred! Thanks T! Even though I didn't really do much. I know I already told you, but I LOVE your new space(s)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the light fixture over the dining table - where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute! I love the chair colors. Did you have to sand them before spray painting? I have the exact same chairs and want to do this too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tricia--yes, sanding is unfortunately a necessary step.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd like to know more about the beautiful black-n-white piece that is hanging in the dining room on the wall with the bedroom door. It looks like a tree/vine. Did you make that also? I'd love to know how. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is completely unrelated, but I LOVE your sofa. Is it per chance the Easton from the Robert Michael collection? If not, it looks similar and I am wondering how you like it. We are considering getting it and wanted to know your thoughts. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heya, the sofa is the Amalfi sectional from Havertys. They have LOTS of options for piecing it together--and all of the colors are desirable neutrals. We chose the "linen" color. We've had it for 3 years and it has held up well and I'd highly recommend it!

      Delete
  13. Where did you get your curtains??? I love love love your comfortable home!!!

    Stephany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephany,

      The curtains came from Urban Outfitters and are sadly no longer available, but UO does have a lot of fun patterns along the same lines... So, there is hope!

      Thanks for the love--I love my comfy home, too. It suits us well at this stage in the game!

      Delete

We cherish your questions, comments, and love. If you're not a fan, why not find something you do love and leave some love there?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...