Pages

I am going to be in trouble...

...when my husband comes home tonight.

I bought a piece of furniture without consulting him.  It wasn't expensive--but it was a furniture purchase nonetheless.  We typically consult one another before such purchases--regardless of the price.  It's only fair since we live in the same space.
But, I needed it.  You see, yesterday Sharon and our friend Laura and I were shopping in lovely Historic Downtown Melbourne.  I saw a lovely sofa table at a thrift shop, but I wasn't ready to commit.  But after a day of not being able to get said table out of my head, I went back and picked it up for $25. 

An Even Cozier Nook 002

Isn't she a beauty?  I like the feel of it and I also like the small scale--it's hard to find a good sofa table that's made on a small scale.  You can't blame me, right?

An Even Cozier Nook 006

I got the table home in my somewhat trusty Volvo wagon and got busy making it "work" in the space.  I have two other places that the table would fit, but I'm going to try it in my cozy nook for a while and see how it goes.  If you don't recall my recent Cozy Nook Transformation, you may want to take a peek.  Here's a shot of the transformation as of a few weeks ago...

Cozy nook 018

I think the new sofa table made a HUGE difference in making the cozy nook even better!


Here's to hoping my husband doesn't shake his head in disapproval (yet again). He's usually a pretty good sport when I nest--as long as I don't leave a path of destruction--which I have been known to do.

And on that note, I'm off to clean up my path of destruction.
Tristin Signature

13 comments:

  1. ohhhhh I LOVE THIS! I want something like this for behind my couch...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that table!! Hopefully, he will too and be quick to forgive! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been following your blog for a little while now and I just realized we live in the same area! Small world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh man, the trouble will be worth it because that is so cute! great find

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got it!! That really looks good there, Tristin. Eh, I'm sure he'll get over it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks great!! You shouldn't worry about your husband too much tho. With a little luck, he won't even notice it's there ;)
    xo,
    wink

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cozy nook looks so much better! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My hubby and I are the same way. But that table does look fabulous there! Your nook looks like it was waiting for that table!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! How could he frown that that? It looks superb in your cozy corner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. found ur blog through Stumbleupon. And i got so addicted to it that i read from first to last! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been looking for a fair priced sofa table like that for ages! It's such a good find your hubby just had to love it! I have been reading your blog for awhile now but actually never realized until now that you're not that far away from where I live! I love Melbourne and frequent the area with my boyfriend all the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That table is so cute! Definitely worth risking getting into trouble with the hubby! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love a bargain! Hope hubby was ok with the new look nook.

    ReplyDelete

We cherish your questions, comments, and love. If you're not a fan, why not find something you do love and leave some love there?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...