Pages

Simple Skirt

Is it terribly obvious that I'm having a great time sewing with my new machine?  It sews like a dream and I love that during one naptime I can whip out a project like this little skirt.
simple skirt

It was made using the Simple Skirt tutorial offered by Dana of made.  On her blog, Dana offers lots of free tutorials showing how to make simple and precious clothing for little ones.  If you're new to sewing (or even if you're experienced, for that matter) you should check it out for lots of inspiration.  Plus, her photography is striking and clean and gorgeous.  It's one of my favorite blogs.


With quite a bit of typical resistance, I was able to get a few good shots of Junebug modeling her new skirt outside of our local farmer's market.  Well, she calls it a "skirk".  She also calls shirts "shirks", which we encourage because it's pretty much the cutest thing ever.  I'm not overly critical of her emerging language--I realize that pretty soon she'll be speaking fluently and I'll miss the days of cute toddler words like "shirk" and listening to her sing "a spoon full of sugar helps the lettuce-in go down".

simple skirt 1

simple skirt 2

simple skirt 4

simple skirt 3

My sweet little gal.  Sheesh, she's grown up so fast.

An on a completely unrelated note--what are your kiddos going to be for Halloween?  Junebug and I have differing opinions (go figure) on what she'll be for Halloween.  Of course she'll win, but more on that later.

Tristin Signature

8 comments:

  1. My 4 year old asked to be Spiderman but has since changed his mind. Now... he wants to be an Angry Bird! My husband bought me my first ever sewing machine for my birthday this past August. I still have no idea how to use it or else I'd make the costume myself and pocket the $35.

    Cute "skirk"! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love a super quick project like that?

    My oldest wants to be a vampire and my youngest (age 2) is going to be Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the skirk! Too cute. Great work Tristin. And the photos of E are sooooooo precious. What a cutie.

    I don't think I'll be able to make a salad from now on without thinking of a spoon full of sugar....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute skirt! Love the fabric.

    My 7 yr old daughter is being a goth vampire. :)
    And my 5 month old is a teddy bear! Found the CUTEST teddy bear costume and ordered it for $13.88 w/ free shipping from Walmart.com. It's so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally have that fabric. Did we buy it together? Probably not. We're just that in sync.

    Love the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my adorableness! That is so cute. I'm gonna have to "pin" that pattern for (hopefully soon) future use! Thanks for sharing! Oh, my kids are being cat and mouse. I'm gonna have as much fun with choosing their costumes for them as long as I can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The clothes you make are lovely!

    ReplyDelete

We cherish your questions, comments, and love. If you're not a fan, why not find something you do love and leave some love there?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...