Pages

Quilts for Bennett


Still no baby.  But while I know some of you are looking forward to baby pics, the only thing that could possibly come in as a close second is pictures of beautiful handmade quilts.  Lucky you, I have three to share!

We are blessed to have many people who love us and are excited to welcome little miss Bennett.  People share their excitement in many ways--and personally, I love that some people share their excitement in the form of handmade gifts.  Especially quilts.


My gal pal Laura (who you may remember from several guest posts) made this awesome simple and humorous quilt.  It's modern and clean, and she hand stitched whimsical swirls and flowers (which is not shown in my pic, unfortunately) all over the light green fabric.  Laura chose to leave the batting out of the quilt, as Bennett is being born in FLORIDA in JULY.  Does it get much hotter than that?  I'm a seriously sweaty pregnant woman.  I digress.  But seriously, don't you love the calm colors and the message?


This lovely quilt was made with love by a wonderful woman named Evelyn.  She used an awesome color combination that is so fun and feminine without being "pink".  I love the embroidered little girls on the light blocks.  They're very vintage looking and being stitched in bold red, they really "pop"!  It's seriously adorable.


Quilt number three is a double pinwheel pattern masterfully crafted by an avid quilter named Marsha that James works with.  I love the bright oranges and corals and eclectic fabrics all worked into a classic design.  It makes me smile every time I look at it.  When James brought it home, I laid it on the floor to take in its awesomeness and charm and immediately Elliott and our westie Brian started playing tug-of-war with a dog toy on top of it.  Marsha said that a requirement of receiving one of her quilts is that it must actually be used--not just looked at.  I agree, and I am glad to share that it was given a proper welcome into our home.  ; )

It amazes me how different each of these quilts is, but how much I love each one.  I like them all for different reasons and I treasure each of them and the women who created them.  I love the modern-feel, humor and calm colors of Laura's quilt, the girly vintage charm of Evelyn's, and the nod to classic quilts with the emphasis of a fun color scheme of Marsha's.

Isn't Bennett already a lucky gal?

8 comments:

  1. Here we provide the services for office/setup and Hp Customer Service. you can download the setups of office by clicking below and if you have any issue regarding Hp product if you need any feel free to call our toll free HP Customer Service +1-800-382-3046
    www.office.com/setup | www.norton.com/setup| www.norton.com/setup | www.office.com/setup

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://0rz.tw/D9J4q
    http://shrtlnk.net/4082030
    https://bit.ly/33sDmFx
    https://hostimize.com/7h+
    https://vae.me/cwoV

    ReplyDelete
  3. Norton is the best antivirus in the world. it is protects your computer from various types of malware and other personal information on your device.

    Norton.com/setup

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having read this I believed it was really informative. I appreciate you spending some time and effort to put this content together. I once again find myself personally spending a significant amount of time both reading and posting comments. But so what, it was still worth it!
    kbc lottery winner 2019

    ReplyDelete
  5. Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet developed by Microsoft for Windows, macOS, Android and iOS.
    If your Microsoft Excel 2010 Crashes so, here are the some easy steps to recover your MS Excel. Click on the link How to Fix Microsoft Excel 2010 Crashes?.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Norton that perceives contaminations and has some ability in deflecting threatening substance that may incite unscrambling of your firewall or loss of your own data.
    norton.com/setup

    ReplyDelete

We cherish your questions, comments, and love. If you're not a fan, why not find something you do love and leave some love there?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...