Pages

Think Thrifty


Do you ever see something in the store and just fall in love with it? I mean the must-have-right-this-second kind of love? And then you get a glimpse of the price tag and suddenly you don't really need it. This happens to me all the time. Call me cheap or fickle, but I think I'm just being thrifty.

Think Thrifty.vase 

Most recent example... I saw these beautiful garden urn vases at Jo-Ann. I wanted them. I needed them. Until I peeked at the price. $39.99? Uh.. maybe they're not that beautiful. Needless to say, they did not make it home with me.

I'm so glad I didn't buy them. When I got home I remembered a thrift store piece that I had purchased months ago, and it was just sitting on our bookshelf being used as a book end. It looked just like the garden urn vases from Jo-Ann. Duh, because it was a garden urn vase. I think it even has more character than the other ones I saw. And I bought it for $3.99. That's right, $3.99.

Thrifty Ceramic Vase2

Add a couple of faux ferns from Hobby Lobby, and I think we have a winner! I love it! As a side note, I have been looking for a classy and elegant way to bring greenery into our living room, and I think I just found it. It doesn't have a permanent home yet. We are holding out on getting a gorgeous buffet style TV stand and a flat screen TV until after we move in a couple of months, but I think the urn vase will go beautifully on the stand next to the TV.

I found thrifty inspiration by looking at higher priced items and thinking of ways to mimic the look without having to spend those dollars. Luckily, I had the answer sitting on my bookshelf the whole time.
I hope you find your own thrifty inspiration!


3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a great find! I definitely like yours better than the Joann's version--it has a lot more character and charm!

    Rachel @ Maybe Matilda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call me crazy, but I would LOVE to see your (better) urn painted white with distressing! And I have been needing to bring in greenery to our apartment, too. You have put me on the lookout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! By the way, I love your crafty blog and have awarded you with the versatile blogger award here: http://radmegan.blogspot.com/2011/05/catching-up-on-awards-and-photos.html Thanks and have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete

We cherish your questions, comments, and love. If you're not a fan, why not find something you do love and leave some love there?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...