Pages

Crocheted ear warmer with flower

I have unintentionally kept up with the crochet theme we've got going on. But I am very nervous to have to follow Tristin's adorable granny square poncho for a toddler and her precious granny square sweater vest. I'll give it a try with my crocheted ear warmer.

I know, I know, we live in Florida where as I am typing this now, in January, we have the air conditioning running. Whaaat? Yeah, I know. But a lot of the normal part of the country is getting a lot of snow this year. While on a recent trip to D.C. I saw a lady wearing a cute ear warmer, and I thought to myself, "why haven't I made one of those already??" Probably because we currently have the air conditioning on. Whaaat? Yeah, I know.

The concept is extremely simple - crocheted head piece + crocheted flower.
There are a million ways to do this, but this is how I decided to give it a go...


I started off with yarn - Lion Brand's Wool Ease/Thick & Quick in the Oatmeal color
And my crochet hook - I9/5.50mm hook (but you can use any size hook with this project.)

PATTERN
For the actual ear warmer part I used the same method that I did in my "SCARVES!" post which utilized
Prudent Baby's chunky scarf pattern. Measure your head to gauge how big to make your ear warmer. I made mine four rows of double crochet stitches wide.


Next is the flower. I used the flower pattern on this Crochet Today beanie pattern. It gives the ear warmer great texture and a lot of added umph. In hindsight, this flower is probably too big for the ear warmer. Oh well, you live and learn. I'll definitely still wear it. Just not in Florida. Where you need air conditioning in January. Whaaat? Yeah, I know.


Happy crocheting!
XOXO,


3 comments:

  1. Very cute Sharon! I love your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this pattern especially the flower pattern:) Thanks for sharing but trying to pin it and cannot:( Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. the link to the crochet flower needs to be updated please:)

    ReplyDelete

We cherish your questions, comments, and love. If you're not a fan, why not find something you do love and leave some love there?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...